Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Does sea salt damage color-treated hair? Read details?

I heard that if you put sea slat in a spray bottle with water and sprayed it in your hair and lightly scrunched it it gave you beachy waves. I get a partial highlight to my hair every 6 months, and its been 5 since my last one. The sea salt won't hurt my hair or dry it out, will it?



Does sea salt damage color-treated hair? Read details?

It will pull out the color....absolutely...color bonds with sulfides(salts) and goes down the drain....that is whty water softiners are so bad for your hair....



Does sea salt damage color-treated hair? Read details?

I'm blonde and I do the salt trick very often. It does dry them a little, but if you wash your hair regularly with a good conditioner and a hair mask, this is just fine!



You can also squirt a little conditioner in the bottle then shake, it's less drying!



Or just buy a spray like Surf Spray by Bumble and Bumble or Summer Hair Beach Waves by Frederic Fekkai.

No comments:

Post a Comment